This is my AIBreakfast (Aaron Inspired Breakfast).
Aaron is a dear friend I met many moons ago, during my travel years. He’s the tourism director for the world famous National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. Long story short, Aaron re-pinned a breakfast dish that inspired the following:
This poached egg topped deliciousness turned out sooo good! I had some leftover avocado sliced up from the evening before, it had been tossed with some fresh squeezed lime juice to help preserve it, but was beginning to take on a brownish tint (from oxidation), so I mashed it up with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper. It was creamy and delish.
Also leftover from dinner the night before, I had some split top sandwich rolls, red onion, and queso cheese. These few ingredients were enough to create a super easy and amazingly delicious breakfast. I can foresee making this again sometime and putting it on hearty rye toast or a bagel. Here’s how it was built:
1. Split the roll and toast. Butter each half.
2. Mash avocado with some Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper. Add a little lime juice if you haven’t already done so.
3. Spread the mash over the toast and top with thinly sliced red onion and crumbles of queso cheese.
4. Top with Poached Egg (instructions to follow).
5. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to create…
Okay, the perfectly poached egg is easier than you think. Until I stumbled into the world of Pinterest, I had never pulled off a successful poached egg. It really couldn’t be easier, so go ahead, follow these easy steps and see for yourself…
1. Bring a pan of salted water to a slow boil. Add a tablespoon of vinegar.
2. Crack an egg into a coffee cup then slightly submerge the cup into the slow boiling water and roll the egg into the pan…remove the cup.
3. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Remove egg with a slotted spoon and gently rinse with clean water. I run it under the faucet for a second. This will remove any vinegar flavor.
5. Enjoy your perfectly poached egg!
Thanks so much to Mr. Aaron Martin for your inspiration to create this awesome breakfast!